PAQCompress is a Graphical User Interface for the powerful PAQ Compression software.
With PAQCompress, you can compress your files using the latest PAQ versions, preferably using PAQ8PX. You can save a lot of space but at the expense of speed and RAM consumption. Hence, PAQ is great for small files, but also for big files if you have a lot of patience.
The good thing about PAQ is that it’s an open-source compressor and the community keeps improving it from time to time, so you can get better compression with each new release.
It is very important to always test (extract and compare) your files after compression. PAQ is experimental software and bugs may happen, even if your files are compressed successfully.
PAQCompress supports the following PAQ Families/Series:
- Added paq8px_v182.
- Added paq8px_v182fix1.
- Added paq8px_v182fix2.
- Added option to run PAQ in the Command Prompt for real-time output.
- Added paq8px_v181fix1.
- Improved the output path handling.
- Added paq8pxd_v68.
- Added paq8px_v167cm (Paq8px167ContextualMemory)
- Added paq8pxd_v67.
- Added paq8pxd_v66.
- Added paq8px_v181.
- Added paq8px_v180.
- Added paq8px_v179fix5.
- Added paq8px_v179fix4.
- Added paq8px_v179fix3.
- Added paq8px_v179fix2.
- Added paq8pxv_v12.
- Added paq8px_v179 and paq8px_v179fix1.
- Added paq8px_v147 which was previously missing.
- Fixed OpenFileDialog message saying “Browse for a file to compress” when the Extract Radiobutton was checked.
- Added paq8px v8.
- Added paq8pxd v64.
- Added paq8pxv v6.
- Added paq8pxv_v5.
- Added paq8pxv_v4.
- Added paq8p_pc v0.
- Adds paq8px v178.
- Adds paq8pxd v63.
- Adds paq8pxd v62.
- Adds paq8pxd v61.
- You can now drag and drop a file into the software icon.
- This release adds support for PAQ8PX v176 and PAQ8PX v177.
- Initial release.