PAQCompress is a Graphical User Interface for the powerful PAQ Compression software.
With PAQCompress, you can compress your files using the latest PAQ versions, preferably using PAQ8PX. You can save a lot of space but at the expense of speed and RAM consumption. Hence, PAQ is great for small files, but also for big files if you have a lot of patience.
The good thing about PAQ is that it’s an open-source compressor and the community keeps improving it from time to time, so you can get better compression with each new release.
It is very important to always test (extract and compare) your files after compression. PAQ is experimental software and bugs may happen, even if your files are compressed successfully.
PAQCompress supports the following PAQ Families/Series:
THE SOFTWARE IS PROVIDED “AS IS”, WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE AND NONINFRINGEMENT. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE AUTHORS OR COPYRIGHT HOLDERS BE LIABLE FOR ANY CLAIM, DAMAGES OR OTHER LIABILITY, WHETHER IN AN ACTION OF CONTRACT, TORT OR OTHERWISE, ARISING FROM, OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SOFTWARE OR THE USE OR OTHER DEALINGS IN THE SOFTWARE.
Support the project
If you like this project, consider buying me a coffee! It will keep me energized so that I can continue developing this and other awesome projects.
- Added paq8pxd v95.
- Added paq8sk v39, v40 and v43.
- Added paq8gen v1, v2 and v2fixa.
- Added paq8pxd v94.
- Added paq8px v200.
- Added paq8px v199.
- Added option to delete File List for paq8px when compressing.
- Added paq8pxd v92 and v93.
- Added paq8pxd v91.
- Added paq8px v198.
- Added paq8px v197.
- Added paq8px v196.
- Added paq8px v194 and v195.
- Added paq8pxd v90.
- Added new Use AVX2-optimized build” (Native CPU) option to use AVX2-optimized paq8px builds (v190 and up)
- Files compressed with “Native CPU” versions will have .native appended to the filename before the paq8px version.
- NOTE that native CPU versions must be used to extract the files if initially compressed with a native CPU compressor.
- Some versions may have issues on different CPU architectures.
- Added paq8px v191, v191a, v192, v193, v193fix1 and v193fix2.
- Added paq8px v190.
- Added new R flag for paq8px v190.
- Added paq8px v189.
- Added fp8sk.
- Added paq8px v188.
- Disabled the F flag for paq8px v181 and above.
- Added new L flag for paq8px v188.
- Added paq8sk v30, v31, and v32.
- Added paq8sk v28 and v29.
- Added paq8px v187fix4 and fix5.
- Added paq8sk: v2, v5, v7, v9, v10, v13, v14, v15, v18, v19, v22, v23, v25, v26.
- Added paq8px v187fix1, fix2, fix3.
- Compression level improvements when changing between compression series.
- Added paq8pxd v87, v88 and v89.
- Fixes an issue where the software would not work if its location contained spaces and “Show Command Prompt” was checked.
- Fixes Batch script generation if the software was placed on a location with spaces.
- Added paq8pxd v86.
- Added paq8pxd v84 and paq8pxd v85.
- Added an option to compress single files with paq8px without creating a text file.
- Added paq8px v187.
- Added paq8px v186 and v186fix1.
- Added paq8pxd v82 and v83.
- Added pax8pxd levels x0 to x15 for paq8pxd v73 to latest.
- The output field will now be auto-populated when typing a file path manually if a file or directory exists.
- Added paq8pxd v80 and v81.
- Added paq8pxd v79.
- Added paq8pxd v78.
- Added paq8pxd v77.
- Added paq8pxd v76.
- Added paq8pxd v74 and v75.
- Added paq8pxd v73.
- Added paq8px v184.
- Added paq8px v185.
- Added paq8pxd v72.
- Added paq8pxd v71.
- Added paq8pxd v70.
- Added paq8pxd v45 to v59.
- Added paq8pxv v7, v9 to v11, v14, and v15.
- This release adds paq8pxv_v16.
- Added paq8pxv_v13
- Validate the input and output fields.
- Can now create batch files to compress or extract files later.
- Added paq8pxd_v69.
- Fixed a bug where some compressors would not work when the “Show Command Prompt” option is checked.
- Added and updated some paq8pxv v12 profiles.
- Added paq8pxd_v69f.
- Added paq8px_v183fix1.
- Added paq8px_v183.
- Added paq8px_v182.
- Added paq8px_v182fix1.
- Added paq8px_v182fix2.
- Added option to run PAQ in the Command Prompt for real-time output.
- Added paq8px_v181fix1.
- Improved the output path handling.
- Added paq8pxd_v68.
- Added paq8px_v167cm (Paq8px167ContextualMemory)
- Added paq8pxd_v67.
- Added paq8pxd_v66.
- Added paq8px_v181.
- Added paq8px_v180.
- Added paq8px_v179fix5.
- Added paq8px_v179fix4.
- Added paq8px_v179fix3.
- Added paq8px_v179fix2.
- Added paq8pxv_v12.
- Added paq8px_v179 and paq8px_v179fix1.
- Added paq8px_v147 which was previously missing.
- Fixed OpenFileDialog message saying “Browse for a file to compress” when the Extract Radiobutton was checked.
- Added paq8px v8.
- Added paq8pxd v64.
- Added paq8pxv v6.
- Added paq8pxv_v5.
- Added paq8pxv_v4.
- Added paq8p_pc v0.
- Adds paq8px v178.
- Adds paq8pxd v63.
- Adds paq8pxd v62.
- Adds paq8pxd v61.
- You can now drag and drop a file into the software icon.
- This release adds support for PAQ8PX v176 and PAQ8PX v177.
- Initial release.