rav1e GUI is a Graphical User Interface for the rav1e encoder software. It allows you to encode your video files to the AV1 video format easily and fast.
Here’s how the GUI works:
- The input file is first converted to a user-specified length .y4m files.
- The audio from the video is extracted as WAV.
- The .y4m segment files are encoded in parallel to .ivf using rav1e. This significantly speeds up the encoding process.
- The WAV audio file is encoded to Opus using opusenc.exe
- The .ivf files are concatenated into one final .ivf file.
- The concatenated .ivf and .opus files are merged into a .webm or .mkv file, which is the output file. The tool uses ffmpeg, rav1e and opusenc to perform the above steps.
- Added Bitrate encoding
- Added 2-pass encoding option
- The software will now find in the system path the rav1e, opusenc and ffmpeg executables, or use the local files
- By default, Low Latency will not be checked.
- The default Quality Tuning is now Psychovisual
- Added Content Light and Range to the Advanced Options
- Added Pause/Resume button
- Temporay Y4M files will be deleted when that segment encode finishes, saving space
- If the software is closed while encoding is in progress, it can continue the next time it is started.
- Checks that an input and output files are set and that a temporary folder has been specified.
- Can now drag and drop a video file into the GUI or software executable
- User will be prompted to remove temporary files if they are found
- Added a log to show progress per rav1e encoding instance
- Added CPU Threads setting
- Added PSNR setting to show PSNR metrics in the log
- Added Advanced Encoder Options setting window
- Added Tune Setting in the Advanced Encoder Options window
- Added Color Primaries settings in the Advanced Encoder Options window.
- Can now specify Minimum and Maximum keyframe interval.
- Can now save video in the Matroska container.
- Users can now specify piece seconds.
- Added Keyframe Interval and Low Latency options as supported by the newer rav1e builds.
- Added option to remove temporary files (Selected by default)
- Initial Release