Note: This guide is obsolete. Please refer to the new guide to download ffmpeg by clicking here.
In this post, I’ll show you how to download ffmpeg to use with SVT-AV1 GUI. FFmpeg is required to extract the video file to .y4m, encode the audio to Opus, and merge both files when the encode is finished.
Here are the steps:
1. Navigate to https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/:
2. Select the nightly build which is the first one shown in “Version”. Select the 64-bit Windows version if you have a 64-bit machine, and select “Static” in the Linking column. Then, click on “Download Build”:
3. Click on the downloaded file:
4. Go to the “ffmpeg” folder, and then to the “bin” folder. You should see “ffmpeg.exe” inside:
5. Extract it and place it in the location where you have SVT-AV1 GUI:
That’s it! Enjoy!