Yesterday, I published the version 1.9 of Embalses de Puerto Rico, which adds support for Dark Mode:
Now, the app will use Dark mode if your device is set to that mode.
If you want to force the app to use Light or Dark mode, regardless of the system setting, you can do that by using the all-new Theme setting:
This will override the system setting unless the System default option is selected.
Light mode is unmodified for those who would like to continue using it:
You can download or update this app in the Google Play Store, here.
With this mode, I hope your experience using the app is improved and allows you to continue monitoring the reservoir levels during these times of drought.
Today, I have released rav1e GUI v1.17:
This new version will encode files without producing huge .y4m temporary files. It also disables 2-pass encoding in quantizer mode, which is not supported by rav1e. You can use 2-pass encoding in bitrate mode.
You can download this new release on GitHub by clicking here.
In this post, I’ll guide you through the steps to download ffmpeg and use it in Exhale GUI. This is needed if you want to encode files in formats other than WAV.
To download ffmpeg, follow these easy steps:
- Go to https://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/:
- We will leave everything as is and press the Download Build button:
- Once downloaded, click on the file::
- Navigate to the ffmpeg folder and then to bin. You’ll see ffmpeg.exe inside:
- Extract the file to the location where you have Exhale GUI:
That’s it! The next time you open Exhale GUI, it will detect ffmpeg and will allow you to encode files compatible with it.
For those movie lovers in the United States and Puerto Rico, Redbox is giving today a Rent 1 Get 1 Promotion Code, valid for both DVD and Blu-Ray rentals.
This code can be used one time per credit card.
Redbox is known to send promotional codes of this type on most Mondays and sending another code via Text Message sometime in the week. They also sometimes sends promotional codes to your email and rarely they have more promotional codes like this shown in the app on other weekdays. Also, if you’re a T-Mobile user, you can sometimes find a free rental code in the T-Mobile Tuesday’s app.
A suggestion to use this code is to rent 2 DVDs or 2 Blu-Ray discs. Otherwise, if you mix a DVD and a Blu-Ray, the promotional code will only apply to the DVD instead of the Blu-Ray, making the transaction $0.20 cents more expensive.
Enjoy your rentals!
On the weekend, I released PAQCompress v0.3.49:
This release has the following changes:
- Added paq8sk: v2, v5, v7, v9, v10, v13, v14, v15, v18, v19, v22, v23, v25, v26.
- Added paq8px v187fix1, fix2, fix3.
- Compression level improvements when changing between compression series.
You can download this new version on GitHub by clicking here.
Today, I have released Google Drive Uploader & Explorer Tool v1.13:
This version has the following changes:
- Fixed the Raw download URL generation.
- Added nested RAW download URL generation (CTRL + U on folders, or right-click and select the RAW Url option).
- Added option to generate cURL script (Compatible with MSYS2 and WSL).
- Updated Google APIs.
You can download it on GitHub by clicking here.