Yesterday night, I published Opus GUI v1.12.2:
This release updates once again the Google Drive API. It also adds an option that can be changed by modifying the file called opus_gui.exe.config to specify the number of files that can be downloaded at a time when converting audio files from your Google Drive account. More information about this can be found here.
As usual, you can download this release from GitHub by clicking here.
Today, I have released Opus GUI v1.12:
This new version adds support for Google Drive, allowing you to encode your music stored in your account. Encoded files are stored locally.
When you press the Google Drive button for the first time, you’ll be redirected to a Quick Start guide where you only need to follow the Step 1. After that, download the file “credentials.json” and place it in the same folder where Opus GUI is located. You’ll need to authorize your Google Drive account and after that, your Drive content will show up. You can then browse and select the files you want to encode.
You can download this new version at GitHub. Click here to download it.
Today, I released Opus GUI v1.10:
This new version adds support for ffmpeg’s native Opus encoder. I also included the latest x64 release of opusenc.
As to what ffmpeg encoder to use, I recommend sticking to ffmpeg libopus, as my own tests revealed some artifact issues using ffmpeg opus. A difference between these 2 is that libopus encodes using variable bitrate while ffmpeg opus encodes only with a constant bitrate. Since libopus use variable bitrate, it can allocate more bits to those complex audio sections, hence having a better quality.
You can download this new version at the project’s GitHub release page by clicking here.
I also posted the latest opus-tools build:
You can download it here.
Today, I have released Opus GUI v1.9:
This new release allows you to click on the opusenc and ffmpeg version labels to copy the text to your clipboard. This allows you to create folders by pasting the version string from the clipboard to better organize your content if you want to maintain the encodes organized by encoder version. This could be also useful if you want to store the files in folders named with the encoder version to compare them against other versions.
The other change this version provides is that if ffmpeg does not exist in your system and you want to encode MP3 or M4A audio files, these will simply be skipped as opusenc cannot encode those file formats.
You can download this release at the Opus GUI project repo here: https://github.com/moisesmcardona/opus_gui/releases/tag/v1.9
I hope you enjoy this new release!
Today, I’ve released Opus GUI:
This build brings an option to enable or disable multithreading and also allows you to encode files to the same input folder by leaving the output textbox blank. This is in part, thanks to a few commits I’ve performed today and currently awaiting a Pull Request approval to merge these commits into the opus-tools repo.
Yesterday, I got my first Pull Request approved which added an argument called “–tracknumber”. This allows you to pass a track number to opusenc so that it is saved in the .opus file metadata.
This is the initial code I wrote:
I then proceeded to update the opusenc documentation to add this argument:
I was told by the code maintainers to fix my indentation, so I did it. ~I was also told to move the –tracknumber argument below the –album argument. The documentation was also updated. Here’s the result:
With these changes done, my Pull Request got accepted and now we have an extra argument included in opusenc, which is very useful for tools like Exact Audio Copy:
To add a track number to a file during encoding, use opusenc.exe like this:
opusenc.exe --tracknumber 1 input.flac output.opus
This will add a “1” to the metadata track field. You can use any integer number for this argument.
The other Pull Request that I’ve made today is about having the output filename autogenerated if it’s skipped by using the input name as the base and changing its extension to .opus. This is awaiting acceptance.
I’m not an expert C programmer, but here you can see the progress I did with this:
Initially, the code was large. I was able to update it to the following:
But it still could be improved and here’s the final commit I’ve done up to this point:
As you can see, the code got smaller with every commit. Here’s hoping that this gets merged!
To use the new opusenc without specifying the output filename, you just have to use it like this:
These will generate the output file “file.opus”. The base name is maintained, and the extension is changed to “.opus”.
of course, you can also use it with arguments. See the help by running opusenc.exe.
I hope these changes are very useful to all of you!
You can download Opus GUI v1.3 at the GitHub Opus GUI Release page by clicking here.
You can also download my opusenc.exe build which includes all of the mentioned changes by clicking here